From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Andrea Hodges
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 4:50 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] heat...

Sounds familiar Noreen. That's what we do here too. I had lunch with a
friend of mine who was telling me about a surprise party she had to attend
the other night. It was one of those mandatory "good for business" parties.
It was held outdoors and her quote was "now who in their right mind would
have an outdoor party this time of year in beaufort?" LOL! They made an
appearance and ran for the A/C after that. My A/C runs full time this time
of year and will for then next month and a half at least. It's horrid out
there today. The worst so far. We had a thunderstorm this afternoon and that
just made things worse. It feels like it's about 100 % humidity out there,
even though I'm sure the weather man would disagree with me. I stopped by
Wal-mart on the way home and bought a new fan to blow on my orchids. I am
afraid the stillness may be getting to them.