Re: Gene's Article on Trilliums...

Kind of looks like you have a T. erectum from the side view. Seed will pretty much remain true to the parent... even if you had some others in the garden. You can spread the seed out around the parent and lightly cover them with mulch or chopped leaves and you will have what looks like little blades of grass next year or the one after. Takes about 5 years before you see a bloom. Sometimes more.
If you begin now you will one day have a colony of trilliums like in the wild.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Petersen" <chris@widom-assoc.com>
My trilliums have made beautiful red seedpods. I am planning on letting
mother nature do her thing. Do you let yours go to seed or are you worried
about them cross pollinating? I only have one type. Can you id it?
Chris Petersen