Re: heat

It's really not THAT humid, as I thought it would be when we moved  here.  I
have naturally curly hair, so humidity is a definite  problem.....so I had
serious concerns.  It hasn't been bad,  I  don't have that many problem days at
all considering.  After heavy rains it  can be bad, but not any different than
SA after a rainstorm or anywhere  else.   I think the worst humidity I've ever
experienced was in  Charleston, South Carolina.  I have never since
experienced anything like  that, not even here after a rainstorm.   I think the reason
the  humidity doesn't bother so much is because of the winds.  We always tend
to  have Gulf breezes.  I notice that on my plants.....I can water, and by
the end of the day, they are bone dry, not so much from the heat, but  winds.
The winds dry out a lot.   It never gets "dry" here like  it would in the
desert....but it's pretty much normal with most everyone  else.
In a message dated 8/2/2006 11:02:17 PM Central Standard Time,