Re: Drought.../ now peppers

They dry beautifully too. Cut them into 1/4 - 1/2 inch strips or squares. As hot as it's been, just set them somewhere dry, covered with cheesecloth for a few days.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2006 7:27 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Drought.../ now peppers

Most years I would agree with your folks, but not this year.

My 6 plants have yielded more than we can eat. My family is tired of
stuffed peppers :) They are huge ones too....good 5 -6 inches. Another
round is about ready, looking into cutting them and freezing for stews
etc over the winter... anyone done that?

I am also going to have an over aboundance of tomatoes ....and cucumbers
.. and cantalope... only a couple of watermelons tho. Sweet corn didn't
make it.... the few ears where harvested by some critter.

I guess this series of rain, hot weather was perfect for the veggie
garden. I planted less than I usually do since I didn't think I would
have time to preserve the extras, so only planted what we normally could
eat..... sigh.... hum, if they continue at this pace, wonder if I could
offer it on freecycle.....

Donna