To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] winners

I am not sure what all the hype is about the PPY's. They are always
designed to be the old tried and true plants. What they need to start is
the 'best new' varieties IMHO.

Of course, the major growers do a huge ad push for what they are
featuring this year, give the garden writers a free sample and hope for
the best. (Which is good, since many of the GW will tell it like it is
about the plant in their garden) If the small mom and pop places don't
get that news early enough, they of course, are left out. Folks are
looking for 'that' plant, and missing some other great ones they are
featuring. Rumor has it - yet another weigela is getting the big ads
this coming spring...sigh.

Donna