Re: Ummm...

We actually got some rain yesterday...wonderful rain.  While it rained, I
worked on getting some of my seeds in order (I had picked a number and
needed to clean and store), typed up and sent a wonderful herb recipe to
our local Herb Garden association, weeded out two beds, expanded a third (I
am trying to get the lawn reduced to 15 minutes/week of mowing) and began
to develop another.  My landscape has sort of "evolved" over the years.  I
tried making some landscaping plans in workshop years ago but I keep
discovering and learning new things that continues to change that plan.

Last year, I decided to move my twice-blooming raspberry plants from along
our split-rail fence to a spot along the raised vegetable garden walks.
They are heavy with fruit and bending over, so I put up a little post fence
along the walk to hold them up.  (This is a recycled project.  One of my
neighbors decided to take his post fence down and we offered to carry away
the posts and rails...the posts and rails, although not in pristine shape,
have wonderful lichens all over them and are perfect.)

This past week, I attended a two-day workshop on water and the garden and
am ready to try out some of the ideas presented.

Hope everyone is getting the moisture they want.