Defugalty

When she was on her way to school this AM, some guy in a pickup bounded out of a side street and crashed into the left front fender of Ms Fatma's car. He smacked her hard enough to let loose the air bags and pop the sunroof open. Apparently, Ms Fatma was not hurt, but she's so loaded with adrenaline, it's difficult to tell [she's mired down in the local emergency room getting checked out right now]. As soon as she calls me, and I pick her up, we have to report to the body shop and get the repairs underway. Man, I hate this kind of stuff.

Ernesto, meanwhile keeps moving east. It wouldn't surprise if it missed Florida altogether.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10