Re: Devil's was OT Cat Advice

That's what we called Kalanchoe daigremontiana.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Devil's was OT Cat Advice

Didn't know Aralia spinosa, so I looked it up. I'm guessing it's called "devil's walking stick" because the stems have thorns? Unlike Harry Lauder's WS, the stems seem straight.

Asidem: We have a succulent here [Pedilanthus tithymaloides] called "devil's backbone." Devil seems to be a popular plant modifier. In the case of our succulent, however, it's likely related to the crookedness of the stems rather than to a presence of thorns.

No matter. What's the charm of the A. spinosa, Zem--other than it's just kind of a neat/odd looking plant?