Local lotus

The lotus in the local library's retention pond is blooming. My
problem, no longer being terribly agile, was/is getting close enough to
the blooms to get a really good picture. For this one, I'd walked out
as far as I could on the tops of cypress knees that more-or-less define
the margin between swamp and upland. It must have been a spectacle to

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10