Re: hort.net moved

Hey, Chris. That sounds like a good move. Please keep us informed about issues on your end. I haven't seen any on this end.

On Aug 13, 2007, at 12:07 PM, Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:

Just a heads-up that the hort.net Web site has moved to the new servers.
The mailing list is still on the old servers.

Let me now if you have any problems with the Web site, if it seems faster,

If everything seems good, the next step is to set up a photo-sharing
area on hort.net.  I've wanted to do it for ages, but we never had the
bandwidth to be able to.

For those of you who are curious, I used godaddy.com for the dedicated
Web server and slicehost.com for email. The cost is $136/month instead
of $560/month.  I may spend an extra $6/month to download newsgroups
(yes, I still have that plan) and another $20/month to run certain critical
services somewhere other than the Web server, but that's still pretty

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10