To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 6:25 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] bird id

Sounds like it is a wren. They are very zippy, quite noisy and vocal, and do have a cinnamon color to some parts (depending on variety). Their little tails tend to poke up in the air, if you can see them still long enough! They are good bug eaters.

Theresa

Kitty wrote:
I have had a new kind of bird here all summer and thought maybe someone would have an idea. They're way too fast and skittish for me to get a picture. They are rounded and little perhaps like a chickadee. From a distance they seem to have a light gray breast with darker wing feathers and i think the tail feathers might be red or reddish. The distinctive feature is their sound. For such a little bird they are very loud, making a sound like a cicada that lasts 2 or 3 seconds at a time. Any ideas?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5