If anyone is considering purchasing a labelmaker like the ones we've talked about before, Staples has 2 Brother labelmakers that use the laminated TZ tapes on sale at 1/2 price, after rebate.

The pt-1880 ($25) is typical kind but the PT-2700 ($50) is the one you can connect to your computer (PC or Mac) and comes w software so you can use your keyboard and monitor to make the labels. I have the earlier version PC-1500 and I really like it. You can even print graphics like logos or icons (think exposure or moisture needs) on the laminated tapes.

The tapes aren't cheap and it can be hard to find them on sale, but this is the nicest looking, genuinely permanent solution I have found. I use them on Eon zinc markers (Eon markers have rounded corners; the other brand has sharp corners)

neIN, Zone 5