From: james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To:
gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 7:24:56 PM
Subject: Re:
[CHAT] Dean

Thanks, Eva, Zem, all. Looks like it may have worked. The 8PM
NOAA
chart indicates Dean's eye has skimmed the south shore of the island
but did not make landfall. I'm sure there will be a lot of havoc, but
nothing
like a direct hit would've created.

Just heard on the news that the Mexican
government is evacuating 80,000
persons, mostly tourists, from Cancun and
environs. I can't imagine
what that's like. That's 20,000 more persons than
the population of
Sarasota. Talk about herding cats.

On Aug 19, 2007, at
7:33 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

> I'm sending what power I've got to keep it
south of Jamaica, too.
> zem
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "james
singer"
> <islandjim1@verizon.net>

turned into a nail-biter for me. I've got an e-friend who
>> lives/grows
fruit, mangos mostly, in the mountains of Jamaica. I keep
>> watching the
radar, gritting my teeth, and projecting my will at
>> Dean's eye to keep it
south of the island. So far it seems to be
>> working but barely.
>> Island
Jim
>> Southwest Florida