Re: weather

Jesse,
I didn't mean to sound like I had any damage... but lots of others did. One of my good friends in Master Gardeners had the bottom 1/2 of her yard taken out. She lives on a creek that never or almost never gets out. She had just cleaned up from the last time this spring... when we had so much rain over a long period of time. This time all 6 inches came in a very short time. I am so glad that you had a great day. Everything around my house looks wonderful. I do think one or two of my neighbors had trouble with their basements again. I love the way everything smells right after a rain. Our garden well water is so hard that when we have to use it for very long everything gets a scale look to it. After a good rain it is all washed away and looks so fresh.
Tricia
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 8:16 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

Hey guys...our place was WONDERFUL yesterday. We had wind and some
misting, then a few showers. At 9:00 we had about a 10 minute downpour
and then it just stopped all of a sudden. I had NO IDEA how bad the
weather was in other parts of Oklahoma until the news came on at 10:00
and I was stunned!!! I saw people being rescued by helicopters on the
news and just couldn't believe it.

It couldn't have been more perfect for me because I had somebody come
out and take out one of my gardens - leveled it to the ground - and the
light rain just watered it down and settled the dirt. I'm so sorry to
hear about the damage in the western part Tricia. How frustrating.

Patricia <pdickson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I got 6 inches while we were gone to Stillwater getting our son in college.
We are ok but lots and lots of damage. Some towns had 85 mile an hour wind
and 11 inches of rain.
Jesse how did you fare? It didn't look like Claremore got it as bad but you
never know.
Tricia
zone 6b
western Ok
----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy Browning"
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 7:38 PM
Subject: [CHAT] weather

I hope your friend is OK Jim.
Rain here. A long slow soaker. We've been on water restriction most of the
summer, so it's very welcome. Should perk up the garden for Thursday's
tour &
I'll be able to get out & pull weeds & spread mulch tomorrow evening
without
dodging sprinklers.
Judy B
z 6 Idaho