Re: bird id

I told her to tell them "in the water" just like their grandparents did in hot tubs in the 60s, but she said that was "inappropriate".

On Aug 21, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Jesse Bell wrote:

Did you send her with the stork information? Or the cabbage patch?
(*giggle*) When kids grow up on a farm...they figure that out pretty
soon.

Right. If you've got any extras, send them our way. Very pretty bird...
and very nice photograph.

Oh, yeah, and Crabcake went back to school today. But not before I
downloaded and printed the National Zoo's fact sheet. Seems one of Ms.
Fatma's precocious beasts asked her yesterday how they made babies.

On Aug 21, 2007, at 10:44 AM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

"Oh, my" is right, Kitty. What a beautiful little bird.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kitty"
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] bird id

I'd rule out the flycatcher, breast not bright. The eastern Phoebe
looks plausible, but no reddish tail. The wren Theresa mentioned
seems likely. While searching for pictures I came across the Fairy
Wren. Oh my! Glorious. Not mine though.
http://wordpress.com/tag/spiral/feed/
and scroll down a bit.
Oh, wow, and this!:
http://www.surfbirds.com/media/Photos/dec03screen.jpg

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cathy Carpenter"

Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:16 PM

I assume you mean chickadee sized. That and the reddish tail have me
stumped. Check your bird pictures and see if they might be Eastern
Phoebes or possibly (if larger than you thought) a great crested
flycatcher.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b