Re: Everyone still above water?

What Jim said...exhausted from trying to figure it all out. After dozing
my horrible "problem-child" garden down to the ground, I stand there
with mixed emotions. Sad and relieved all at the same time. Fighting the
urge to go and plant a bunch of stuff again. I think I'll buy crepe
myrtle trees instead. *sigh*

  It is awfully quiet, but then it's been a summer of strife and calamity
and idiocy, not to mention the weather--and it's only mid-August. Maybe
burn-out has set in... I sorta feel that way, exhausted from trying to
understand what is and is not going on.

On Aug 23, 2007, at 11:16 AM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

> Here we are watching the smoke from the Zaca fire 6 weeks later and
> what
> do I see on the news but the rest of the country under water. Well
> mostly anyway. Y'all still out there I hope, it's pretty quiet this
> morning.
> Tonight I'll be picking stuff to decide what I want to turn in to the
> fair tomorrow morning. I entered paste tomatoes, eggplant, okra, green
> zucchini, yellow zucchini, red onions, and four kinds of peppers -
> Italian, ancho, anaheim, and jalapeno. I don't have ancho peppers, but
> you can substitute so I might as well enter the pimentos. I don't think
> I've got any eggplant worth putting in, and there's no okra either. I'm
> not so sure about the paste tomatoes, they peaked early and I don't
> think there's anything out there very good-looking at the moment, but
> I'll check. I should be okay on the rest of it but I won't know till I
> get a good look at the quality. I could bring in ten pounds of veggies
> that I'd be happy to eat but is not pretty enough to enter. Ah well
> that's why they don't charge an entry fee in this category, you really
> don't know till the last moment if you'll have good stuff or not.
> I'm thinking about my chores list for the weekend too. I'll start
> dehydrating onions and try caramelizing some too, there's always
> weeding
> to be done, and I should clean the pond filter (that's a good time, you
> betcha). I might try to get husband interested in weeding the front
> garden...he won't have to be quite so restrained this time, there are a
> couple areas at least where I could tell him "Rip it all out except for
> this one thing" and let him have at it.
> Or if it's hot we might just sit under the tree with a couple beers,
> you
> never know.
> Cyndi
Island Jim