RE: Gotta brag

Doesn't pay to get too puffed up though. This morning our kitchen was
absolutely infested with ants. Husband sprayed but that stuff is just noxious,
I had to clean everything again and wipe it all down so I could breathe. Went
out and picked a huge basket of Anaheim peppers, all ready to run them under
the broiler to blacken the skins, peel and freeze. After about 20 minutes I
realized the broiler isn't broiling. In fact the oven doesn't work at all.
Husband looked at me baffled (I was shocked, he can do ANYTHING...except
ovens, apparently...and icemakers). We went looking at ranges because this one
has definitely seen better days but I wasn't in the buying spirit I guess.
Came home and discovered mama cat had found the steaks I set out to thaw in
the sink and ripped open their not inconsiderable packaging, now we have no
dinner. Well...we have the makings for chicken enchiladas...ooops no oven.
Okay, there's all those peppers, chile rellenos it is.  I roasted peppers on
the BBQ grill, which works, but isn't quite as handy as the broiler. On the
other hand, there are no ants out there: they're lurking in my kitchen,
wandering out one at a time hoping I won't notice.
You gotta laugh.  I do have to make a decision about the range - we're busy
enough that dinner is pretty much hit or miss these days but eventually I'm
going to need an oven.  Of course if I don't cook maybe the ants will go away.
:-)

Cyndi