Re: hum....

Right Gene-and apparently at the "market" where they were purchased for the nursery a display of Christmas boxes was used. Shove them on the spike. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:30 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] hum....

If I am reading your description correctly the structure is used around here to "pumpkin snowmen" as well as the clay pot thing. three pumpkins of right size, right veggies, etc... a "snowman" made from pumpkins. Just shove them down on the spike.
   Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea Hodges" <andreah@hargray.com>
One a side note, I bought a fantastically cool garden toy last weekend. It's just a big iron stand at the bottom with an iron spike that sticks out of the center about 4 feet high. You put the base in a 12 inch terracotta pot, or glazed if you prefer and then fill it with rocks, then you take 10 inch pots and put them on the spike through the hole in the bottom and position them to the side. You can put up to four 10 inch pots on top of each other and position them where they lean opposite from one another then plant. You all have probably seen that before but I haven't and it makes the prettiest display. I'm waiting til fall to plant because it's just too danged hot to do anything here right now. However, can't hardly wait to do it!