OT - gettin old

I haven't really been sleeping well, and decided that after exactly (to the month) 30 years on the same mattress, it was time to get a new one. About a year ago, Braveheart began having trouble walking and could no longer make it up onto the bed, so I bought him a little stool. It worked great. Unfortunately, they make mattresses so high these days that, in order for me to get into bed without killing myself, I had to order a "low-profile" platform. But the bed height is still a little higher than it had been.
Too high for Braveheart.
So, off to the store to find him a smallish ottoman so he can go from floor to stool to ottoman to bed top. I brought home a little chair and an ottoman, but the chair scared him so I think we'll go with the ottoman - which is of course, bulkier and more expensive. But my Willy Wally is worth it. We all get old ya know. But it shouldn't be so hard just to get into bed.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5