Re: succulents

Sorry to hear.  One would think just the opposite would happen though,
David.  With the economy on the fritz and people tending to plant more  water
conserving landscapes, etc. I would have thought that a desert type  nursery would
do better than a rare plant nursery.   The rare plant  nurseries around here
are still bringing in the rare stuff, but they are finding  it harder and
harder, with the internet, etc. to keep the level of "rarity" to  the standards
they used to be.  People don't find the usual rare plants to  be as rare as they
used to be.  Also, as one nursery owner told me, he  often can get much more
on the internet through Ebay, etc. for his plants than  he does in the nursery.
 People tend to pay more when bidding, than when  shopping in person.  A lot
more competition in rare plant nurseries around  here too, compared to in
remote areas (or areas with less  availability) where apparently a lot of the Ebay
buyers are from.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 8/12/2008 5:52:57 PM Central Daylight Time,