Re: Hail Storm

I just got to look at your pictures! I am so sorry, I know what you are
going through. This year a week after the Oklahoma Gardening filmed at
our house and neighborhood we were hit by a hailstorm. It was
terrible... It is amazing how many things came back ok. I did a lot of
pruning and cut leaves off of everything that had big leaves. Lots of
work but too hard to just look at it torn up.

  zone 6b
  western Ok

Chris Petersen <chris@widom-assoc.com> wrote:
  We experienced an horrific hail and thunderstorm yesterday at about 11:45
AM. It lasted about 15 minutes or so, but pretty much flattened the garden!
There was still some ice on my deck this morning! The yard is buried in
leaves an debris. My container gardens are in ruins and most flowers were
broken or blown off the plants! The grass looks like someone rolled over it
with a soil compressor. I dont know how Im going to clean it all up! Im
thinking of getting a leaf blower/ vacuum combo.

Im not sure that this link will work, but maybe:

Chris Petersen

Northport, Long Island, New York

Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)

My garden: http://www.chrispnpt.shutterfly.com