To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:44 PM
Subject: [CHAT] OT -cats

My cats had a terribly traumatic day today - they think.  The nice vet
who makes house-calls came to give them their shots.  Somehow
they sensed at breakfast that something was up and began hiding.
We did manage to keep all four of them in the living-room until she
arrived about 10:00 AM.  She handled them very well, but you never
heard such screeching and fuss.  All but old Nick, who behaved
very well, put on real scenes. The interesting thing was that Sandy,
the elderly, fat white cat who has been arthritic for a long time, has
been limping more and more.  We have told ourselves it was just
old age - we're pretty stiff ourselves some days.  But the vet very
quickly discovered the problem.  Her claws were ingrown!  I had
never heard of such a thing, but she very deftly removed huge,
twisted claws that had turned right back into her pads.  I'm surprised
the poor thing could walk as well as she did.  She's still limping, but
seems to be moving better than before. Is this a common problem?
I've always had cats, but never heard of this problem before.
Having the vet come to the house is a costly indulgence, but how
much better than having to crate them all up and haul them off to
her office.
Auralie

deal here.