Re: Datura seeds

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Datura seeds
  • From: "Jesse Bell" <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:44:13 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=uoFd6LKOX/wOFST8EkshVL/vNVCSyW/Dp8W9ToT2qE8=; b=GFqGn7BRL/m23h/aMFTzSG1rbjm0f99pao1qZxvrFDGGpg/pqmKkg8KSn0kLMg2uDr YA8mW56tFMkPxG8gUxtESFWkIDo4bnxLfe0NtWKOiZNk3kEcBmz2snS6FfIc+3LuXmCr v0craS1LUjABw06hOabxAViBod6e759pHbC20=

At one time I had the double purple and white datura's and kept the seeds,
but can't FIND them...they are just beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.  I went
up to the panhandle of Oklahoma this past weekend to my grandfather's farm,
and it's very dry and arid up there (western Oklahoma - Tricia knows what
I'm talking about - think "Dances with Wolves" and you'll know what I
mean...that kind of landscape) and those white daturas do really well up
there.  I saw them everywhere.....just beautiful.  The farmsteads just leave
the plants there, the seed pods fall off and the next year they just start
all over again - and they double in size every year.  The looked liked
HEDGES in some areas.

--
Jesse R. Bell