RE: Fire Season

  • Subject: RE: Fire Season
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:47:05 -0700

I would think if they're turning red you can pick any time. Some of the
differently colored peppers will start out green, go to purple and then
red, but AFAIK red is an indicator of ripeness. Peppers are very
forgiving, they will hang on the plant for a long time at the red stage
without rotting, but longer is not necessarily better.
Pick one and see what you think.

Cyndi