Re: Hibernation still in effect
  • Subject: Re: Hibernation still in effect
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:45:03 -0500

Sorry you didn't get the job, but you never know what might be around the corner. Something really good could be coming your way.

I did virtually nothing out in the yard this summer. Too damn hot. Also, I started earlier this year with plants in February under lights and my biggest ever plant sale in April, so I'm think I just burned out.for awhile. I have a smaller sale tomorrow that I'm hustling now to set up. Hopefully I'll sell out so I'm not watering pots all the time. As the cooler weather comes, I hope my gardening zeal will return.

When you say your pink asclepias hasn't bloomed, was it the seed I sent last year? I did not actually plant any of it, but a zillion of them came up. A few that landed in an oportune spot with little competition have bloomed, but the rest haven't yet. And,yep, lots of aphids and those red & black bugs that eat the seeds.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "andreah" <andreah@hargray.com>