Alaska gardening
  • Subject: Alaska gardening
  • From: Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 14:31:29 -0500

Has anyone had experience gardening in the Fairbanks area of Alaska? My daughter and her Air Force spouse have relocated there and she asked for my advice!! Have to start my research as I will be up there next Friday to help them get settled in. I told her that it might be too late to plant this year, as stuff might not have time to get established before winter, but what do I know at this point?? Any recommendations as to places to research? This is interior Alaska, not coastal. Thanks!
Cathy, west central IL, z5b