Re: crazy weather
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: crazy weather
  • From: Judy Browning <ggranjudy@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 14:27:58 -0700

Good to hear from you Auralie.
Our beans are doing well and still blooming. They were spotty germinating
this spring and we planted more. Then the original beans sprouted too. The
rows are pretty crowded and some pole beans ended up in the bush bean rows.
It's like a treasure hunt!
The tomatoes are just coming on. We'll be inundated before long. Last night
after picking beans, I checked the cucumbers. There were 2 or 3 reasonable
sized and 8 or so overgrown ones from 2 plants. Ate one of the biggies for
lunch today and it wasn't bad.
Weather is warmer than yours, cooler than the usual here. May get to 100F
today.Almost that now at 2pm. Usually gets hottest about 4-5pm.
Sorry to hear the Lyme Disease is keeping you from the garden. Enjoy your
wild flowers and ignore the weeds. Good bones do a lot toward beauty in the
garden. I'm sure your perennial plantings still look lovely, weeds and
all.