Re: Re: Happy Birthday

Theresa, I have several varieties of Anemone but the pink blooming
Anemone Robustissima is invasive in my garden. I like it so I
aggressively reduce it about every two years by digging up the roots
however I too experience regrowth form tiny bits of roots remaining in
the soil. I do not like to use chemicals so I diligently try to shift
thru the soil. If you do research vinegar even as it is used as a food
can be harmful.

I just returned this evening from a 3 day trip to Chicago with a bus
load of MGs. We visited Chicago Botanical, Morton's Arboretum, Ball Seed
Gardens, Lincoln Conservatory, Cantigny and downtown gardens including
Millennium Park and Cloud Gate (The Bean) however Laurie Garden was
closed and Grant Park was avoided due to a hugh concert. The street
gardens were wonderful. Crowds of people everywhere! We also did some
shopping at a couple of nurseries.

Hope you are all having a great summer. We need rains here.
Carolyn  (Ceres)

Sent from my iPad