Re: Re: Happy Birthday
gardenchat@hort.net

Gorgeous!
Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On Aug 8, 2014, at 12:03 PM, Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: 5bef58771@rewrite.hort.net
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Thursday, August 7, 2014 1:38:09 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: Happy Birthday

I will add that I'm glad she can't see the prize in my garden this
week -  a
spectacular Joe-Pye Weed bush about six feet tall and with many
stems,
full of bees and butterflies.  She'd say it's a weed and get rid of
it;

Hi Auralie!

I'm with you on that.  I'm attaching a photo of my overgrown Joe-pye
weed clump on the corner of the house. You can't beat a statement like
this in the garden this time of year!

Apologies for the poor photo quality. I didn't shoot it with a potato --
it was cloudy and grey.  :)  The clump is about 8' high.  There's an
open space behind it where a balsam fir fell two years ago, so a
Clethra barbinervis is going there this fall.

Chris<20140807_eupatorium-maculatum-1024x768.jpg>