Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2014 11:47 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Re: Happy Birthday/ I can relate

Daryl
I find myself relating to you words here. Many of my mature trees and
died and fallen. Still experiencing more each year. Loosing shade
quicker than it can be replaced. Not really interested In creating a
sunny garden. Sometimes I get discouraged overall, but that does not
last long and I am back to trying to work it all out in the garden (and
the rest of my life, I suppose0.

We had economic downturn in 2007 and still feeling the effects in my
nursery. Came close to losing it for couple/three years. Went thru 2
bouts back to back with cancer.... chemo and radiation, all that. Doubt
one 100% fully recovers energy levels ... So. I am thinking more trees
and shrubs, especially shrubs. But, considering my age (74) will have to
give it all up at some point in the not too distant future. Gardening is
such a large part of my life I would not want to think of living without
it. Not yet.

On an upnote... Spider lily (Hymenocallis occidentalis) is in full bloom
here. Sure makes a walk in the garden worth a trip to the garden.

Gene

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens,LLC
www.munchkinnursery.com
Gardener - Writer - Photographer -  Lecturer

New eBook: Shade Garden Solutions