Re: ceanothus losing leaves
gardenchat@hort.net

Ok- no mildew on the leaves, but more leaves keep dropping.Â

Chris- as usual you are wealth of information! ÂSo, even though it is in a raised bed that has a mature tree in it, I am wondering if the plant is getting too much water. ÂI put in drip lines in spring and tried very hard to make sure the existing plants were situated with water (this has been a trial and error project). ÂSo. ÂI'm going to rearrange the drip line further away from the ceanothus for sure, and may consider moving is somewhat to a notoriously drier area closer to the back corner of my yard (which is what I want the plant to fill in and cover anyway. ÂIf it has root rot I may be too late and have to try again with a new plant, but we will try a shift and see if things improve.

Thanks all for your input.
Theresa