Re: Bromeliads

Bromeliads are one of my favorite plants.  Many bromeliads are considered
epiphytes.  They naturally grow on trees, without soil, clinging to the bark
with their roots, but taking in nutrients/ moisture  through their foliage.
Tillandsias are one of these types of bromeliads, more so than others.  Thus
they need a lot of moisture, as Linda indicated, they also need more light
than many of the bromeliads.  I put mine outside as much as possible.  They
love rain water.  Including a misting now and then, dunk them in rain water
for a few minutes once a week.  They dont' like to sit in water but enjoy a
good soaking, especially when indoors with the heat on.  They are quite
hardy, surviving occasional freezing temps without problems.  The spanish
moss type tillandsias as well as a few others are native to southern US.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast