RE: chilling bulbs/cannas

I'd love some!  Do you have any yellow ones?  I need your email address so I
can send you my mailing address.  thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Pamela J. Evans
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 4:19 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] chilling bulbs/cannas

Marge is correct naturally.  But also remember that fruit in your fridge
gives off some kind of gas (ethylene?) that will damage/deactivate your
bulbs, so they make poor neighbors.  So my reading material says.
Fortunately most stuff is hardy here, so I don't have to store anything over
Just bring in my lemon tree and peppers when it freezes, no biggie.
 Only have two orders so far for cannas in Spring.
Any more takers?   Just e-mail me off list w/ snail mail address if you're
interested.  Although I did get a fair number of y'all fixed up last year -
I LOVE this!