Re: Deer

> Linda:  One of our nursing supervisors paid $450.00 for an elk license in
Wyoming to hunt with a friend of his who lives out there...that's the cost
of one out of state elk license that permits a hunter to take just one elk.
Poor fellow, though, spent a week hunting morning to night, before he
finally did get his elk...Expensive way to go about getting food, I'd say.
:-)  Melody, IA (Z 5/4)
Well, don't tell him someone just gave us elk meat then!!  But you see why
hunting for meat isn't for poor people.  Actually he got off pretty
cheap--if he'd had to hire a guide or go to one of the ranches that have
hunting camps, he could have paid a lot more.  I think a lot of hunters get
their enjoyment from the week of roughing it in wild country more than
anything else--getting the elk just gives them an excuse to be out there.
Don't know what in-state licenses are going for now, but it's a whole lot
less than an out-of-state license so his friend got his meals for a lot
less.  For myself, there is something really regal about an elk--I couldn't
kill one.

Linda in Wyoming