ADMIN: Purpose of this list

Hi guys,

   Now that we're up to 29 subscribers on the list, I thought I'd take
   some time to explain this list.

   This list was created for hort.net as part of that site's 'master
   plan'.  It's not intended to be a replacement list for AHS, a backup
   list, or associated with AHS in any way.  It's strictly a hort.net
   thing and is supposed to be a place to just gab.  The intention is
   that members interested in specific gardening topics will participate
   on the other hort.net lists dedicated to those subject areas (i.e.
   perennials, woodyplants, etc.)  But feel free to talk about whatever
   you want.

   Anyone can join this list and participate (or lurk), including AHS
   staff, so yes, I have no problems with Sue joining.

   I think that about covers it, and I'm suddenly very tired anyhow...  :)

http://www.hort.net/gallery/      3142 online plant photos and growing!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/date/2002-12-08/       The latest additions