Re: Re: question for you Jim; xanthosoma

Donna, my eyes popped when I saw an image of Xanthosoma mafaffa aurea
'Lime Zinger' or 'Green Giant' or 'Lime Green' or simply 'Aurea' or
aurea (whichever name - all the same) - looks to me like Ipomoea
batatas Margarita on steroids.  It is on my 'must have' list.
Dewey Fisk has it (Philodendron Phreak) listing on that Aroid page of
companies...see links below.

Lester Kallus has listed about every edible aroid by cuisine on this

which should help you figure out which ethnic groceries to look in.

The IAS (International Aroid Society) has a page listing companies
who sell aroids - you may find Xanthosoma lindeni magnificum through
one of them:

http://www.aroid.org/links/index.html#Companies Offering Aroids

If you come up blank, you might also try the Aroid Trading Post

I did not see it listed there, but if you have anything to trade or
just want to put out a call for it, you can try there.

Good luck!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :