Re: tradition

 Ceres:  I've eaten at the one in Ames and it is the same incredible pizza there, too...must be a secret (extended) family recipe...Glad to know we share that as well as our love of gardening...find more common bonds with people on this list every day...Smiles all around.

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein

 --- On Fri 12/13,  < Cersgarden@aol.com > wrote:From:  [mailto: Cersgarden@aol.com]To: gardenchat@hort.netDate: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:05:09 ESTSubject: Re: [CHAT] traditionIn a message dated 12/13/02 10:13:01 AM, mhobertm@excite.com writes:<< .an old Italian family owns it--always has, no plans to change the inheritance...it's called Pagliai's >>Melody, the Pagliai family grew up in the same mining community (Zookspur, Iowa) my husbands family lived and a few doors west. Pop Pagliai worked the same mine as my FIL. Their pizza began in Ames in the ISU campus area and progressed to many college towns in Iowa and neighboring states.  Each new establishment was managed by a family member soon branching out to nephews & nieces.  We have one within a mile of our home and this is our favorite pizza also.    Ceres

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com