Re: Deer

Thanks, Libby.  And a very good point you make about hunters not
culling herds of the weak members like their natural predators
would...I had not thought about that.

It is a tough topic, but one that I think we all need to give thought
to - the problem isn't going to vanish on its own...humans created it
and humans gotta solve it:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :

> Well said, Marge, as always.  Skipping over my problem with hunting
> "pleasure", my problem with hunting as a means of population
control is that
> the hunters do not cull the herd as a true predator would do.
Human hunters
> take down the best and the strongest, not the weak and sick.
Perhaps if