Re: OT: degree sign

Jim,
I don't have an answer to the qstn about ascii, degree signs, signatures,
and all that, but if it's a function of the listserv or the machine it runs
on, it seems too insignificant to ask Chris to do anything about it. (Good
grief - hasn't the man done ENOUGH for us?)  If it's a function of our own
email software, we'll each have to figure it out on our own.  My answer
would be:
Just put an F after the number (Brian - you can use a C)
I think most of us can figure out that 70F or 30C means degrees.

I thought the AHS list was back up again.  Got messages from there
yesterday.  However, I don't think anyone is writing any new topics to it
right now - they don't trust it.  I'm staying on that list to keep in touch
with some people who cannot handle the volume of messages on this one.

Kitty