Re: lemon balm tea

It sounds tasty.
And at 16.5 pounds, thats a whole lotta Sugar! :^)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pamela J. Evans" <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2002 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] tradition/bread

> LOL - Sugar is 16 1/2 lbs. of blue tabby/calico dilute Feline-American.
She is currently sunning herself in mam's big rose bed so I can check my
e-mail w/out interference.
> For tea - I take two handfuls of lemon balm leaves, two handfuls of lime
balm leaves and a handful of mint leaves, brop them in boiling water for
about ten minutes or so.  Then drop a regular decaffinated tea bag in (more
for color than anything) for about another minute or two.  Strain out the
herbs and tea bag (which go in the compost pile) and enjoy hot or iced, I
drink it both ways.
> Obviusly you can vary the proportions and types of herbs to suit your
taste.  I also use lemon verbena and lemon thyme, and occasionally throw in
a spring or two of lavender just for kicks.  I make rosemary tea too, but
that's for a hair rinse (brunette hair) not to drink - LOL!!