Re: Re: Haggis

I hope you don't think that's typical of Greek food, Kitty. I ate a lot of Greek food when we lived in Michigan and had Greek friends, but never was served anything remotely like your description. My Greek friend did tell me she was invited to a Greek friend's house for dinner one evening, and they loaded a roasted sheep's head, eyes intact, onto the table, she jumped to her feet and ran home. Her family never ate that kind of meal. Margaret L

Sounds similar to something I had once in Toronto.  Went to an authentic
Greek restaurant.  Asked the waiter to suggest something, because the menu
was written in Greek.  He suggested his favorite.  I said, "What is it?"
He said, "Is meat".  "What kind of meat?", I asked.  "Is lamb, how you say?
Delicacy.  Very Good.", he says.  He'd just gotten off the boat and didn't
have much of a grasp of the language yet.  So I ended up with tripe,
entrails, brains, what-have-you, stuffed into a casing wrapped in cabbage
leaves or something.  Still not knowing, though, I tried it and just about
upchucked right there.  I made my brother-in-law trade plates with me
because the b...d knew what I was getting (he speaks Greek) and just sat
there being of no help at all.

Kitty