From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Kitty Morrissy
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2002 12:21 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] removing unnecessaries

I'm resending the last paragraph of your message about symbols.  Folks who
might not have read the whole post would have missed this important item:

Re: not seeing some messages on garden.chat. Chris posted that if we
don't remove the unsub message at the bottom of all posts, his server
thinks it's someone trying to get off the list and holds the message
until he can look at it and release it. Well, Chris is a busy guy,
so he can't just sit and monitor all the time:-) Thus, a time lag is
gonna happen. It behooves ALL of us to check our replies and remove
un-needed copying of previous messages AND the unsub note at the
bottom. We need to leave enough of the message we're replying to so
our reply makes sense to those who come into the thread late, but
I've seen posts that have 6 or 8 previous posts appended to the
bottom, all with multiple unsub messages.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor: Gardening in Shade