Re: was Haggis/now history of food

It does so far. It warms the west coast of SW Norway. Arnhild Bleie lives on Hardanger fjord, one of the southernmost fjords, where she is a commercial fruit grower. She estimates her hardiness zone is about an 8, although right now her ground is frozen. Scientists have discovered a large freshwater stream that's extremely cold in the Atlantic, and there's some talk it may disrupt the warm gulf stream, thereby precipitating an ice age in parts of Europe. Margaret L

I didn't know that!  It certainly is lovely country and yes, long days in
June.  The birds woke me up at dawn: before 3AM.   I'd love to go back when
the heather is in bloom.

Do you think the gulf stream goes that far to bring moderate temperatures?