Re: Re: Haggis and other gross food

Kimchee, anyone?

On Sunday, December 15, 2002, at 10:58 AM, Margaret Lauterbach wrote:
I encountered one thing in a Thai restaurant that was eeeuuuuwwwww yukky. I boxed it up and gave it to DH, who liked it. The menu said it was a chicken salad called "Larb" . Subsequently I learned it was made with offal and other yukkos. When the waiter delivering it was still ten feet from our table, a friend wrinkled her nose and said, "I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole."

And the Vietnamese eat baby chickens in eggs. They may even be live. I don't think they'd put it on the menu in this country, although a friend said she thought they were sold in the Asian grocery store here. Margaret L