Re: Autumn Crocus

Evelyn,
For an inexpensive start, try Crocus 'The Conqueror'.  I got 25 for about
$6 recently, but had had them before.  they're big and blue.
You might try a Colchicum while you're at it.  My experience has been that
the crocus tend to die out over time, but colchivum tend to multiply
readily.  They are, of course, more expensive, but put on a bigger show and
reproduce nicely.  Everyone's favorite is Colchicum 'Waterlily', and with
good reason.
Also, these bulbs are usually advertised with the fall-planted bulbs.
Catalogues come out around Memorial Day.

Kitty