RE: Deer, and now ecosystem and...what else

Most people that move to the country do not realize that they are taking
away the wildlife habitat. By the time they do figure it out, they have
ruined the eco-system, which can never be totally restored. They can
make a stopping place for them, but that is about it.

In most areas there is no natural predator for deer anymore. Society has
seen to that.... now Linda.. maybe were you are living that is not true,
but for most on this list, it applies. So the hunters have become the
deer's predator. The deer are invading our gardens to survive, not to
reap havoc.

Although the deer only come into my yard in the winter to drink from my
pond, I am over run with rabbits! So I guess if it is not one thing ...
it is another. I try to remind myself that this was their home first.
Anyone know where I can get some cheap rabbit fence?:)LOL... just
kidding.

There is only one place that I know of (I am hoping there are more) that
animal comes first and people second. It is called the land between the
lakes - in Kentucky/Tennessee. Interesting place, all food crops grown
there must leave 1/3 for the critters. I have not been there in a few
years, but did learn a lot about eco systems while there.

Donna