RE: Soils - Horticulture

Marianna wrote:
> when I made the discovery that plants can not be fed.  Blew me away to say
> the least.  I instantly started questioning the fertilizer industry, and
> this day I wonder how they get away with what they do.

This gets me, too.  The MG who handles much of our Youth MG program, who
was a science teacher for many years, once in a while asks me to make up
handouts for her.  For the Ssunflower contest she'd written up info on how
to grow them and said "feed your plants...".  I suggested changing this and
she knew what I meant but did not want to change it because that's how it's
usually referred to.  I say get 'em while their young.  Don't teach them
things you know are wrong that they'll just have to unlearn.