Re: Re: Breads

Oooh, ooh, wish I were there. Many years ago I worked in Hollywood, and sometimes frequented (!) a restaurant on the Sunset Strip called Scandia (it was on the other side of the street from its present location). They always had a small tray of bread slices on the table, each slice a different variety. We used to fight over one slice that was soooo good with cream cheese spread on it. Years later I learned that was Sweet Swedish limpa. Wow. Margaret L

Melody, my mother  did and does make great bread but I could not learn from
her as she would say just add some of this and a little of that, etc.  I took
a bread class many years ago and it was one of the best few hrs I could have
invested.  For me to learn I need to know how the ingedients interact with
each other and why you do each step.  I have never had a bread failure due to
the information I recd from that  class.  Now, I too, add some of this and a
little of that but I could go back to measured ingredients if I needed to.
    Sweet breads are my gift to all my neighbors.  I take one night and work
many batches of bread and my husband delivers early morning.