Re: was hump day :Blue Dye ?

jim singer wrote:
the druids, my dear, who celebrated the solstice, dyed/painted their bodies blue. i have no idea why. there is a line in the old movie "gunga din" when sam jaffe [who plays, i think, a high hindi priest] says to a brit soldier [played, i think, by cary grant] "we were a great empire when you were still painting your bodies blue." or something like that.