hello & election premises

Hello!

I'm new to this list but not a stranger to a few of you.  Donna kindly
wrote and suggested I might be interested in joining.  She said it was a
chatty group and after lurking for a couple days, she wasn't kidding!  I
receive a digest 2-3 times a day!

I live and garden in Cincinnati on about half an acre.  I have scads of
perennials but approximately a thousand daffodil cultivars.  I am wild
about daffodils, batty on the subject, a member of the local and national
society and a daffodil judge.

Someone wrote: "I cannot fathom how a general gardener could know species
and crosses and hybrids".  I think of myself as a general gardener, I'm
only doing this for my own pleasure.  But after oohing and aahing over
many varieties for some years now, it is appalling how many I am able to
identify by sight or make a good guess at.  I think this is true of
anyone who collects anything.

I can offer some information regarding polling places, at least in Ohio.
Election boards look for places that are accessible to the handicapped
for one thing.  Anything of a political or religious nature must be
either removed or well covered.  For that day, the area must be totally
dedicated only to voting and is examined before certified.  They are paid
for the use of the premises.  Not lots of money but enough that some
smaller facilities can make use of it.

Linda Wallpe
Zone 6a

> > In a message dated 12/20/02 5:27:44 PM, kmrsy@earthlink.net writes:
> >
> > << can anyone explain to me then, why our election precincts are in
> churches?
Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com